Friday, May 21, 2010

I AM S.A.M.

Yes I am! FINALLY! The announcement was made this afternoon and my Division Head was the one who relayed the message.

Truly grateful that he acknowledges and appreciates my efforts. I was told by a colleague that my paper was submitted November or October of last year.How'd he know? Apparently he was the one who submitted it. I already knew about it as well because my Division Head told me about it and advised me that I should just be patient. I am and I know he is true to his words so I stayed and patiently waited.

It was funny because a Division Head from the Branch Banking Group congratulated me via SMS and all the while I thought it was because of the success of the launch of the premier card that we had last night. So I just said thank you and mentioned to the marketing boss that another branch was happy with last night's event. It only sank in on me that the congratulatory remark was for me when I received the call from my Division Head! It was such a moment of pure bliss! We were having lunch then when I received the call. Me, my direct boss and the other channel manager were given free lunch with the marketing peeps since we were part of the success of the launch. They never had a clue of what the call was for. I stayed mum about it. Happily rejoicing my victory deep inside. When I got back to the office, people are starting to congratulate me in person, email, and more sms messages. I am really grateful that people are happy for me.

It was more rewarding when a staff mentioned to me that my experience is such an inspiration and what I told her before was really inspiring. It was truly a humbling moment. I honestly can no longer remember that day when we talked about work but I am glad she remembered and I made a difference. I love talking with people and it becomes rewarding and meaningful when you became an inspiration or an agent of motivation. I will not stop talking then because of this he he he.

Seriously.

I really love my job now primarily because the big boss knows how to take care of his people and the bigger boss is the same. Both are my former colleagues from the british bank that I used to work for. I am glad I am with this Team and part of this Group. I am grateful that people still care and it's not a dog eat dog world and I hope the culture stays this way.

"Work on your next promotion", I was told by my Division Head.

WILL DO.

MOST DEFINITELY! * wink *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home